Thursday, January 31, 2013

Liebester Award

Clare Adams kindly nominated me for this award.

The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. What is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.

Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
6. Post an image of the award on your blog. There are many versions available.


Eleven Facts About Me:

 

1.      I am a red-head. My hair rarely photographs red, so you probably can’t tell in my images.
2.      I love hiking but have a tendency to get lost. This means I end up in the middle of nowhere, lost, without cell phone service more often than I like to admit.
3.      I don’t do pre-writes very well. I am a fan of little planning and big results.
4.      I am a Capricorn. I don’t believe in signs, but people ask all the time, so there you go.
5.      I am the worst mathematician ever. From sixth grade onward I got straight A’s in everything except for a B+ in math. That doesn’t sound so bad, but you’d have to have seen how hard I worked to understand.
6.      Vanilla is my favorite ice cream flavor.
7.      I sleep with a teddy bear. Is that pathetic? I think it’s more normal than people pretend.
8.      I once wrote a screenplay in a week. I think I permanently damaged my eyes with all of that computer time.
9.      I drink water compulsively. I can drink well over a gallon a day. If anything else is in front of me, juice, soda, whatever, I will drink that too even if I don’t really want it.
10.  I don’t have a smart phone. Am I the only one?
11.  I used to be the worst typist ever. I thought I would never be able to type and I absolutely loathed trying. A love of writing overcame that.  

Eleven Questions from Clare Adams:
 
1. If you could go anywhere right now, where will that be? Out to get soft serve ice cream. I mean, I could go, but I shouldn’t. I have stuff to do.
2. What is the ultimate luxury for you? Painting my nails and having them last a day. It means I’ve had extra time and less work.
3. Do you have a favorite book? Persuasion. I know, I know. Jane Austen is so cliché now. Plus I picked her most sentimental novel. Still, nothing cheers me up more when I am sick.
4. Do your characters resemble you? How? I have written several characters that share my fundamental insecurities. Just the usual stuff: am I loved, am I worthy, etc.
5. What worries you most about the future? I am not all that concerned, to be honest. I don’t want to waste my life, but a happy dull life is better than an adventurous, miserable one, right?
6. What have you written you’re not so proud of? There may be some fan fiction out there somewhere that I won’t admit to…
7. Do you procrastinate? Only on everything that makes me anxious.
8. What’s the number one change you want to make in your life? For now, the goal is to make money on writing so that I can work part time. I feel like I’m torn in two directions right now.
9. What’s the one book you’d never lend to anyone? Ivanhoe. I hated it, but I read the whole thing out of sheer stubbornness.
10. Are you patient with people? I’m not trying to brag here, but yes, I am extremely patient. It’s not because I am so nice and kind, it’s more that I am unable to express anger.
11. Are you your own worst critic? I am Jekyll and Hyde. I go from my own worst critic to my own number one fan at the flip of a coin.
Eleven Questions for my Nominees: 

1.   Cats or dogs?
2.   If you could have one person’s fashion sense, who’s would it be?
3.   Do you like to cook?
4.   Coffee or tea?
5.   PC or Mac?
6.   What or whom makes you feel the most peaceful?
7.   Do you keep a garden?
8.   What is your favorite movie?
9.   What is the worst book or movie you’ve seen or read lately?
10.  Do you have a goal for 2013? If yes, what is it?
11.  Are you spontaneous or methodical?   

My nominees: 











No comments:

Post a Comment